Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My New Favorite Product: Hemp Oil

This dresser was brought to me by a neighbor. It had been her mother-in-law's and she wanted it updated for her son's big boy room.
I took this picture without the drawers as a last minute thought

She wanted white and wood/two tone contrast and had fabulous pulls picked out by a seller on Etsy.

The wood on the drawers was in great condition but was dried out. Carver Junk Company recently became a retailer for Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint and they also sell hemp oil. I will admit that I was skeptical about how it would work, but man, it makes both wood and paint look SO rich and pretty. I am 100% sold on it. I used Hemp Oil on the drawer fronts and a white paint on the body. Minimal distressing and gorgeous new pulls equal one happy customer!






Have you used Hemp Oil? Did you love it too?

~Allison

8 comments:

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

Yes, I've used hemp oil and I love it, too! It sure made a huge difference in the dresser, it looks fantastic!
Debbie :)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love the style of that dresser and the two-tone treatment. Pretty awesome knobs too! ... I have not tried hemp oil yet, but I really must get some soon!

Anonymous said...

beautiful job!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Danielle said...

So pretty. I love hemp oil.

RPK Interiors said...

Love the two tone on this piece...the wood has such a lovely contrast to the paint. I've just started using Hemp Oil on the interiors of drawers. After they've received a good scrubbing, the wood on these older pieces is really dried out. Amazing at the beautiful luster the Hemp Oil adds. Stopping by from Finding Silver Pennies.
Robin

Ivy and Elephants said...

I love the contrast of the white and the natural wood. You did an amazing job!
New follower,
Patti

Unknown said...

Love the contrast of the rich wood with the white. I've just ordered my first bottle of hemp oil and find there is no limit to where I can use it. Found you through Finding Silver Pennies.

Mary @ Orphans With Makeup